CALL FOR PAPERS
Accounting Education: an international journal plans to publish a themed issue dedicated to Enhancing Generic Skills in Accounting. Invited Guest Editors for this themed issue are Beverley Jackling and Kim Watty, both from RMIT University, Australia. AE’s usual editorial/review policies will apply.
Papers are sought on any aspect of generic skills development including papers that focus on the identification, development and/or assessment of generic skills in accounting programs and the influence of generic skills development on graduate employment outcomes. The following listing is indicative but is not intended to be exhaustive:
- Should generic skills be embedded within the accounting curriculum?
- Assessment of the acquisition of generic skills in accounting education
- Aligning generic skills development with graduate employment needs
- Balancing the development of generic and technical skills in accounting education
- Developing generic skills in accounting programs: evidence of change
- Generic skills: stakeholders’ perceptions
- The role of work-based learning in developing generic skills
- An evaluation of curriculum changes designed to develop generic skills
- Engaging stakeholders in curriculum design to enhance the development of generic skills
We strongly encourage notification of interest by potential contributors and we will be pleased to discuss ideas and proposals at any stage. The deadline for submissions is 31 December 2007. Submissions should be made electronically in line with AE’s normal house style and sent to either:
Associate Professor Beverley Jackling or Associate Professor Kim Watty
School of Accounting and Law
GPO Box 2476V